Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chaging Leads???

over.05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0lt
hi guys, i need to change my spark plug leads. i'm having trouble with the distributer cap. can anyone help? i need a step by step instructions on how to do it, photos if possible

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
you dont say if 3.8 v6 or 5.0v8 if its the v8 i had to take my eng mounts off to drop motor or other wise you will just have to go buy feel and hope for the best...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Take a look in the top right hand corner of his post dinodog, it says - Ride: VR Statesman 5.0lt. He wouldnt have any probs doing the V6's.

Redroostr

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 215i 6spd Senator
Hi guys..I just did mine and its a bitch of o job but well worth it. I just lay on top of the motor and worked from there. The dissy cap is a bit tight to get out but justby moving a few lines and removing the fuel rail covers it can be squeezed out no prob. Once youve got it out youll see it can only go back on the distributor one way cos there is a little notch in the cap that fits back on one way only. Also where the cap clips on to the dissy closest to the transmission, going anti clockwise the first terminal should be #1 and remember the rotor turns CLOCKWISE. Firing order is 1-2-7-8-4-5-6-3. Good luck

Attachments

• Distributor.jpg
    Distributor.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,068

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
The V6 has a coil pack, not a dizzy

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
undo the trans mount and jack the trans up as much as it will go, this should lift the back of the motor a little and hopefully give a little more clearance from the firewall to work on the distributor and cap etc:thumbsup:

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
LOl my dad just changed my leads on my car last week after alot of anger and swearing hahahahaha took a while but was worth it.. sure is in a tight spot though lol he was pretty muhc laying on top of the front pannel with feet on a chair lol :yeah: