Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change VZ SV6 Dash To VZ SS Dash

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
You can, but you run into issues with changing over from manual to auto CC, as there are alot of parts to change with alot of time & money invloved aswell.

Just do what i did change over the ctr dash to VY SS, i wasn't to fussed about not having the cup holders.

mawsy

giggity giggity
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
i've seen it done, as stated but, total P in the A for the climate control.. i've also seen one where the guy had carved the bit for his A/C out of his dash, then cut the new dash to match, molded the old bit into the new dash and it turned out pretty good..

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
you could even fit a stato one if you want- you just need the panels, and the wiring looms- just plug and play- just make sure you have PLENTY of time to do it.

a mate had a VS exec- installed a full stato interior and everything works- steering wheel, dash, seats etc, you name it. So it can be done

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
i've also seen one where the guy had carved the bit for his A/C out of his dash said:
Ive seen the same aswell, was thinking about doing it. Its still on the cards though, mite change my mind know!

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
can i ask why??? wats your reason for swapping this over??? u already have 2 cup holders, & shouldnt even need to ask bout AC & if u want it black just paint it, i just cant see a reason plz tell if u have one though

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well the SS dash does look hot and better then "16 shades of grey", I wouldn't mind changing mine over after seeing Paul's efforts in his SV6.

I don't think the OP realised he can use a VY SS dash.

As for painting the AC controls I'd like to see that, because your going to be painting over the info like 1 2 3 HI on the fan controls or the blue to red on the heater control.

That said though its barely noticable and from memory the VY SS that didn't have climate only had anthracite controls anyway.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
can i ask why??? wats your reason for swapping this over??? u already have 2 cup holders, & shouldnt even need to ask bout AC & if u want it black just paint it, i just cant see a reason plz tell if u have one though

Yeah mate, well i drink alot of whisky, so therefore i need more than 2 cup holders & cause i want to! & besides is looks 10 fold compared to the std shity grey tats in the SV6.

trev_11

L67 VY Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
simple solution...

...bye an ss