Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changed battery and my stereo doesnt go doof doof..

VksupaNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk sl
hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me here... i recently changed my battery in the vk and yer it all went sweet xcept that now my stereo doesnt werk..
the head has power and says it is playing and the amp still has lights on but yer there is no sound at all.. not even any static of fuzz... there was this red wire connected to the battery but the terminal on it looked pretty ****... could this cause it?? bearing in mind i still have power to the head and amp

thanks in advance..
ps. is there anytihng *special* i should have done when changing batts... did i f*@k sumthing when i put it in??

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
That "red wire" would be the amp power cable, it runs directly (literally) from the battery terminal to the actual amp itself. Check the connection it has to the terminal, if it's like you said and is dirty, give it a bit of a clean, also check all your fuses, and just double check wiring.

Trent.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
mmm, a similar thing has happened to me, check your fuse in the amp, theres a good chance when the battery was dieing it blew a fuse, (or when you took it out)

its just a geuss, theres also internal fuses inside the amp which may be blown, the best way to test it is use your amp with a mates car (if you have a mate with a sub) use their sub, wiring just swap the amp, if the amp works fine then maybe it is the speaker wire from the headunit (blue RCA wires)

i dont believe it would be the terminal, if the car starts then there is a good connection between the terminal and the battery,

if your lucky it will just be the external fuse on the amp and it will cost 15c to fix... just pull it out and take a squiz, if its all black and burnt then its blown...

hope this helps

cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
when you say it looked dirty, did you mean a buildup of a whgite chalky residue? clean it off and you should be running again.