Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changin the look of my VT..HELP!

98berlina

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
WH International LS8
Changin the look of my VT..Ideas anyone???

hi everyone. im thinkin of givin my S1 VT Berlina abit of a face lift and bum job.
hoping to change the A:Front end to WH Statesman - left and right quarters, front bumper with sports lights and turning guide lamps....B:Rear end to VY - left and right rear quarters, SS bumper, boot and obviously SS lights... can this be done or am have i got high hopes???? im pretty sure the front will be ok, its just the back that im worried bout:w00t:

Last edited:

98berlina

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
WH International LS8
nah. every 3rd car i see is a hothouse green VY SS. im lookin for a custom look that'll spin people out. luxury mixed with sporty

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
hey man,

its just my opinion, but that would look too mismatched.

The WH is all saggy looking where the VY rear is all sharp. Ive seen some VT-VX sedans that have had the VY nose grafted on and its all mis-matched with smooth lines and sharp lines all clashing. Besides after all that panel swapping you may as well buy a VY and put a WK nose on. that would look pretty darn tough!

IF you want a tough look for the VT/VX go the HSV VX Nose kits, the sharper lights still work well with the smooth lines of the sedan and look way tougher than the VT HSV's.

Then put a VX calais tailight/garnish and you'd have one mega sweet cruiser!

Check out sixappeal's ride in the Myrides section to see how damn sweet it looks!

- Ciaran

98berlina

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
WH International LS8
yea, thought bout it, had a fiddle round on some picture editing programmes. too wierd! how bout either a full WH statesman setup, or change it all to VY SS?

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
buy a vyss?

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
how much you planning on spending on this? Looks like your in for a shitload if your getting new panels aswell? That $30k for the ss might not be that far of :)

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
The obvious thing is to work out how much its going to cost then look at what else you could be doing with that money.

With the $30,000 thing...I'd buy a VX Calais and change the front to the WH!