Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Lip Spoiler on MY14 SS-V Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss-v redline sedan.
Hi,
I've only had my SS-V Redline for a few months now. I bought it after it had only done about 3500km, an ex-Holden exec car. Since then i have:
  • Windows Tinted (not by a major dealer but by a guy who does a lot of the manufacturers cars for car shows)
  • Car full detail and opti-coat applied
  • Changed antenna to stub antennae (minor I know but i have no idea why Holden didn't do this in the first place)
  • Changed number plate to a slimline white on black plate
  • changed all the front vent, DRL and side vents from chrome to black
  • Vinyl wrapped the chrome part of the door handles
  • Had black moulding installed around the windows to replace the chrome (in case you hadn't figured it I don't like the chrome on it)
I'm fairly happy with the outside now but think maybe a black spoiler would look better- not sure on whether to get a lip spoiler such as already on it or go for the Craig Lowndes SS-V version- or just keep it as is. I'm interested in everyone's opinion on what I should do.

Also, has anyone changed the speakers/AMP on the SS-V Redline? It is meant to have Bose speakers plus a couple of subs in the rear seat but my old stereo in my old Territory sounded much better (I had kicker speakers and subs and Sony head unit and OA amp). Haven't been able to find anything around with advice on what people have done to a MY14 SS-V Redline stereo to soup it up.

k3fw8.jpg

2rm9zz6.jpg

10ofia0.jpg

Last edited:

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Like the black treatment you have done. My personal opinion is I would leave the spoiler as is.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Did changing the antenna mess with radio or GPS reception. That is something I would like to do.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I also like what you have done to your nice looking VF. I vote for leaving the boot lip spoiler exactly as it is.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss-v redline sedan.
Did changing the antenna mess with radio or GPS reception. That is something I would like to do.

It doesn't mess with the GPS or radio reception- got it from ############ - their shop is just down the road from me but they do sell online and on ebay. was cheap too. They guarantee you get the correct antennae for your car so it doesn't stuff up the GPS/radio reception.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I found radio reception around town is fine. But I lose reception of JJJ when travelling on the Hume Hwy about 50-100k's sooner than I did with the factory antennae. GPS not affected if you buy the right one. Mine was about $25 on Ebay.

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
Love the look of black and red! Did you change the grille surrounds yourself? Holden quoted me 170 just to replace them..

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss-v redline sedan.
I had a cousin who is a spray painter so he did it for me. Looked Bloody complicated. So many clips and screws.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss-v redline sedan.