Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing power steering hose.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
ok i have heard alot of ppl have a few problems with a power steering hoses for vn - vps unfortunatly i had one blow out yesterday ( oil pissin everywhere smoke filling the street and my car :( not the kinda smoke i want to see again and luck it didnt catch fire ) ok so i came home got on the net and Rat was online asked him about it he came over with a spare part ( new hose would cost $75 and they would have to oreder it in cause they dont usally carry em but lucky for me rat had a spare one for me) ok when he got here we jacked up the car ( remember to put the spare tyre underneath as the car has got somethin to fall on if the jack gives way very good idea for if your under it! ) got underneath with the oil pan use a 5/8 spanner to undo the right nut pull the nut up but not the pipe it self ( youll see what im talkin about if do it slowly ) then undo the nut at the back of the power steering pump ( this one is usally hard so be carefull) when ya get that undone pull it out carefully not spilling any on the exhaust ( as power steering fluid is highly flamable) make sure the powersteering fluid that is draing out goes into the oil pan ( if ya need to use it again its a good idea to keep the oil pan clean ) ok with the new one put the bottem in first do up the nut finger tight ( as you will be able to move the pipe still but it wont go anywhere) then put the pipe into the rear of the pump so that the nut is ready to go it get in frount of the motor and grag the rubber bit of the pipe and pull up then you can easily do the nut up ( took me and rat 15mins to figure that out lmao :hit: ) make sure you clean any spills up cause as i said power steering fluid is highly flammable and something we dont wanna see is a nice commie burinin on the side of the road if need be stick a little lock tight around the nut to prevent any leaking okies well thats all have fun
cheers Spac

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
hey spac what the eziest way to get that nut undone from the rack when i was doing it the other day i could only manage to turn the nut 1/16 a time due to the steering arm being in the way... now that i think of it i have pacemakers thats prolly why i cant turn it much.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
thats proberly why dude oh and i think it takes some presure off the nut and pipe idf ya put it in full lock to