Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing rear light bulbs major op?

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Hi again, my drivers side tail light has gone..my bloke says this requires a lot of work just to get to it but as I am travelling interstate in a month, I would prefer it to be working. Is it really a drama?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Suggest you include details of the model (body configuration) of your vehicle. It will assist others in providing accurate information on the process. Good luck.

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
I think you need to stop talking to your 'bloke'. ;) Assuming it's a sedan it'll take you about 10 mins. Most of that is just removing the clips and plugs that hold the boot lining in place which will expose the rear of the light fitting and away you go.

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
It's not hard work at all. I've taken the whole tail light assembly out when there was moisture getting inside. Took all but 5-10 min, pull clips out holding the boot lining and away you go. I think from memory, you need to chase a few clips to get enough room.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Can only speak for Sedan.

Super Easy Job.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
I think you need to stop talking to your 'bloke'. ;) Assuming it's a sedan it'll take you about 10 mins. Most of that is just removing the clips and plugs that hold the boot lining in place which will expose the rear of the light fitting and away you go.

HAHA..I would stop talking to him but he lives here..it's a 2009 SV6 sedan...and thanks for all the help, everyone