Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing seats in 06 VZ Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hi all, been chasing replacement drivers seat in my Berlina for a while and cant get one from any of the 15 wreckers i have tried so far. Given that these seat have side impact airbags, can the seat from another VZ be used instead? I can get calais seats but the guy at the wreckers didnt know if the airbag would cause an issue.

Thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Provided both the old seat and the new seat have the side bags, you'll be fine. Just don't turn on the ignition with the seat out or you will cause an error light.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
The first solid answer i have had yet!

Thanks. Appreciate the prompt response

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I took my seat out has side air bag , had to fix the bottom part of the seat , foam torn away so I cut the bad section out and replaced with new stuff from clark rubber and reshaped it . Its like new , BUT I BE DISCONNCTING YOUR BATTERY FIRST BEFORE UNPLUGING THE HARNESS . I had no issues with the light.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
While its recommended to disconnect the battery... The Holden SRS is inert when switched off. So as long as the ignition is not switched on, no probes... no codes, no exploding airbags.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I took my seat out has side air bag , had to fix the bottom part of the seat , foam torn away so I cut the bad section out and replaced with new stuff from clark rubber and reshaped it . Its like new , BUT I BE DISCONNCTING YOUR BATTERY FIRST BEFORE UNPLUGING THE HARNESS . I had no issues with the light.

Thats the problem i am having. All the foam is shot to hell. I got a replacement base foam pad form Holden and i plan on installing it next weekend. the pad cost me $110 and thats without any material etc. Never gave a thought to somewhere like Clark rubber for foam. Just figured a replacement seat was an overall cheaper option and i end up with spare parts.

Thanks