Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing superchargers.....

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
hey guys i currently have a powerdyne supercharger setup in my vt{bought it like that} with a cooler setup already done. been doing research and hearing a helluva lot of bad reviews on them. and coupled with the fact that its not boosting at the moment, it may be an option to fit a vortech or similar charger in its place. would it be as simple as changing bracket, tensioner pullys and blower or bit more modding involved. the powerdyne runs a seperate belt of the harmonic balancer to im not sure if a different charger system could use the same balancer. any info atall or opinions of powerdyne chargers or something better they make that'll bolt up. i have heard they can only run up to 9 psi but need a rebuild. ideally i want to run 12-15psi with a motor with stronger internals. have lsd already and can get a rebuilt box with 3000 stally at mates rates

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
The new water cooled raptor charger could be an option.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
ok will check into the prices of that. i've found that they made a better oil cooled powerdyne charger. bolts up to existing brackets and only need oil lines run to sump. trying to hunt one down if i can cause they can be run up to 18psi but i'd only go to 10-12