Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing ve v6 fuel pump unit

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Anyone got a quick how to on removing the sender pump MRA unit in the fuel tank on a ve v6 omega sedan, would be much appreciated, cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
have a look under the rear seat and if there is a circle of sealant on the drivers side then u have a inspection hole that u can get to the pump from, if u dont have that then u will need to drop the tank...

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
junenyda.jpg

Guess your talking about this? Will a razor get this off ok? And is there any special tools needed to unlock the sender from the tank?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea just peel it off think i used a flat head screw driver, then just get a screw driver under the edge and it should pop off ( has little fingers on the under side holding it down) then just a hole punch on the bracket holding the pump module in u will see when u look in and its only a 1/8 turn to unlock, then the fuel line just hold in each side to unclip it off the module and pull it off, then when u lift the pump out it might have a line attached to the bottom of it which u will need to remove same as the fuel line on the top of the module, and just watch the sender arm as well think it faces forward, that first plate cover may not clip back in as good as before but i just used some body deadener around it to seal it in when done

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
also the ve have twin fuel senders so there is one on the other side which dosnt have the door to get to it unless u cut it out, i have tested mine and the other one is faulty but i couldnt be bothered getting to it to change it yet, the dash gets the reading of the two senders then halves it to get the correct reading...

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
But the pump is obviously on the drivers side is that correct?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yes pump is on the drivers side

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Good, iv got low fuel pressure on start up and intermittent long crank due to the fuel pressure valve on the pump, so I'm hoping replacing this fixes it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u just have to take the module apart to get to the pump all just clips, also there is a pressure reg that is attached to the bottom of the pump that helps hold it in could be worth checking as well, also the filter could be worth checking mine was black when i changed it and then 12 months later its dirty again so i gave it a blow out, problem is if dirt gets into the module it cant get out so just sits on the bottom below the pump...

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Can't i just replace the whole unit as it is all one isn't it, filter pump pressure reg assembly