Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Wheel Size

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Shounak said:
You're right, but if upgrading to 18"s, there is no need..

And Holden can be muttdogs with the Tech2, they're the only people who have it, so they charge whatever they want.. Ring a few dealers, in my experience the prices of Tech2 services vary greatly dealer to dealer..
You'll find Holden are not the only people that have a Tech 2.Police Mode was enabled on my commodore from my local auto electrician.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
its not on the inside of the any doors. is there a chance that the car didnt come with it? could u take a pic for me shounak

R

RKZ234

SikVX01 said:
its not on the inside of the any doors. is there a chance that the car didnt come with it? could u take a pic for me shounak

It left the factory with one. Somebody has peeled it off.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
does any1 know where i can get a tyre placard from?

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
i know they sell hsv ones for 18" wheels very often on ebay. they claim to be genuine, but i'm not sure. but having a hsv tyre placard on a vx equipe probably isn't going to confuse a cop. they can see its just a commodore.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
that is wat i was think. a hsv placard on a commodore will look a bit suss. mite just see if holden have got any.

R

RKZ234

SikVX01 said:
that is wat i was think. a hsv placard on a commodore will look a bit suss. mite just see if holden have got any.

Technically HSV is a separate entity to Holden, evidenced by their own engineering ID plate on their cars. So an HSV tyre placard on a non HSV car would only arouse suspicion.

The largest tyre/rim you can fit to a NON HSV VY/VZ without an engineering certificate is 19's as the SS came with 18's and you are only allowed to go 1in more than the largest fitted to that model.

You nee an engineering certificate for 20's.

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Think im still set on getting some SSZ/Monaro wheels.

Gave Holden a call to see what they sell em for...$365 per alloy

The Tyre Factory $300 per alloy

and just today I have found a place that sells them at whole sale price
set of 4 in original boxes for $950.

Now Its just a matter of seeing what I get back from tax this year :D

scobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
When you go up sizes in wheels what suspension kit or what do you need to change because ive noticed they run on the inside edge of the tyre when you get bigger wheels