Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charged and Cammed VZ

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
It goes allot harder. Not even a bit of valve bounce through the hole rev range with those double valve spring and i still don't no how much hp, should do by the end of the week but i do no it smokes 3rd now. It revs up very fast now before i can even thing bout changing gear its already revving at 6800 rpm. All i can say is that its mental

DI.57.BD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6L
Did you have to flycut the pistons to run that cam or is the PTV clearance really tight? Im looking at getting a cam around that size.

DI.57.BD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6L
good cause i might be doing my cam sooner rather than later :) down side is my ss started ticking really loud so thinking a lifter has packed it in, which is why im going to do it all at once. any tips on doing it cause i will be doing the install myself.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Nah had to get new ones they had to be a bit longer. And nah it's pretty easy just take it easy and slow. I only had abut of trouble where I dropped a lifter in the sump but luckily I got it with a magnit. Don't even ask how I did that with the head off haha.

DI.57.BD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6L
haha its alright i dropped the bolt that holds the lifter bucket down into the valley lol luckily got it back, do you know what size rods you used?