Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chasers arrested again

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
it's funny that everyone sees the chaser at fault, but if you can get into a 'secure area' with a pass with "this is a fake pass" written on it, something's wrong and it's obvious the blame doesn't just lie on them.

I don't think you read my post fully I was referring to the danger of one or more of the chasers going home in a body bag this was a very possible outcome with their stupid stunt.

I don't see the chaser at fault and the fact that they gain access to where they did need to be investigated for future security.

As for the blame yes it does lie on them they did this stupid stunt and for what to get their name in the papers and on TV big deal.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
When we were doing CT training for the sydney olympics we had certain distances set before a shot could be taken. It was also dependant on what possible targets any threat could take down. Had these moronic idiots gone 80-100 metres further, they would of left in a blue bag with a nice round dot between the eyes.
Its people like these chaser morons that cause trouble and waste resources just for a "laugh". I would have had a great laugh if their fraudulent motorcade were killed because of a prank. Will be a laugh to see what charges they get. I believe the cordoned off area is under international(APEC specific) jurisdiction? Could be a bad outcome.

Yes they're annoying idiots, yes they put themselves in significant danger. What really concerns me is that they managed to do what they did. A bunch of "comedians" with too much time on their hands infiltrated a supposedly secured area. Their costumes included armbands labelled "APEC INSECURITY" and they had a fella dressed as bin laden in the back of one of the vehicles. In addition to this, I'm pretty sure the canadian prime minister didn't even arrive until after the stunt! (not 100% certain, haven't been able to find exact times) One journalist made the statement, "they're bloody lucky it was just the chaser", and he makes a damned good point. What if a more serious class of dissident had tried the same thing with three cars packed with high explosives? As a taxpayer I'm extremely annoyed that all the money spent on security for this gabfest has apparently been a complete waste.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
They turned around voluntarily as soon as they realised they were in a restricted area.

One statement from an ABC representative stated that they expected to be stopped at the boundary. Where they would probably have done their usual "aww come on mate let us in, we're just trying to get our mate osama in to represent his point of view" annoying crap type spiel. Instead not one, but two checkpoints waved them through. They probably shat themselves when they realised how far in they were.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Yes I totally agree (What if a more serious class of dissident had tried the same thing with three cars packed with high explosives?).

As for the tax payers they might get a hefty relief with the pending fines for these idiots.

Hopefully their vehicles were ceased and are also sold.

I hope the federal police pursue this to the full extent or we will have more of this stupidity at future events.

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
In America or other overseas country's the news head lines would have just read.

"""Security police snipers shot and kill terrorist as the breached security checkpoints.""":undead:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If anybody deserved to be going home in a "blue bag with a dot between their eyes" it was the dopey morons that let the cars through.

$300 Million worth of security and people get through with fraudulent passes which apparently even had nonsense words written on them.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
One statement from an ABC representative stated that they expected to be stopped at the boundary. Where they would probably have done their usual "aww come on mate let us in, we're just trying to get our mate osama in to represent his point of view" annoying crap type spiel. Instead not one, but two checkpoints waved them through. They probably shat themselves when they realised how far in they were.

As you would. The ABC lawyer team would not have approved their prank if they were intending to go as far as they did.

The crazy thing; The Chaser boys can make it through two security checkpoints, part of a $300 million security system, yet my mate can't get into the local pub cause the front of his driver's licence has a scratch on it!

If anyones after a fake ID it sounds like the Chaser boys are worth asking!

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
they are gonna be the laughin stock of all security now

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
GO the CHASERS!!!!!!!!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I love the balme everyone one is putting on the chaser boys, there media satireests, thats what they do, they take the piss out of our patheitic government.

Normally, if they had have been stopped at the front gates, as there were supposed too, this would be normal, but because they got through its omg there causing trouble, no, there just pointing out the fact that the 300million was very much wasted.

You millitary tuff nuts should think about how much brains your should have rather than what you can shoot. I feel so much safer now in the event of a terroist attack... Thank god for our millitary and security, doing me pround anyway </sarcasim>

aZk.