Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] Chasing 230rwkw+ na

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
well for a start, the bottom end on a straight 6 has more main bearings. Stronger.

It may be strong, but it also a lot heavier with the crank been about twice the length.....

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6
I'm pretty sure it's an sohc engine, it went. 200 rwkw on a tired bottom end too, plenty of falcon sohcs from what I read do 175rwkw and you can buy kits to get that much power out of em, the reason I want to beat him is because he has a ford!

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6
What about any speedway cars? Surely some of them have to have some big hp na v6 engines? Anyone know about any of those?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Since we're talking fantasy land, I'd like a chick with natural F cup breasts and size 6 waist.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Start by putting Chev badges on it! Must do something seeing how many have done it

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6
I should be able to drop into the 13s with just a set of Chevy badges right? A mate of mine done a ford badge conversion and made 200rwkw with no other mods

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
116t3wp.jpg

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I should be able to drop into the 13s with just a set of Chevy badges right? A mate of mine done a ford badge conversion and made 200rwkw with no other mods

Try a Ferrari one then, it should be good for at least 250

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What about any speedway cars? Surely some of them have to have some big hp na v6 engines? Anyone know about any of those?

yeah, you can make decent power but it's always been a lot easier to use forced induction.

The V6 bottom end is fairly much bullet proof, the problem is in the heads, they don't have the biggest ports to work with.

I believe you can get a set of flat top pistons from precision to suit, that will get the compression right up, port the heads, get a cam to suit, run some E85 to suit the high comp and you'll get close to matching him for power.

If your serious, jump over onto the AV8 forum and talk to TK383 he's built a tough little V6 combo although these days he's not taking on much engine building work as he's concentrating on head porting.