Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chassis repair

Kazmaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hi guys. I brought my son a VZ ute for his 18th, but it didn’t pass the VIC RWC because of a bent chassis. I can get it repaired, but I’m worried, that I’m just wasting my money and it won’t pass again. I’ve attached a photo for reference. I haven’t had to deal with roadworthys here and also a repair like this. I don’t want to waste anymore money on this car if it’s going to pass. Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpeg
    IMG_6085.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 88

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best speak to a panel shop who can do chassis work and show them your photo. That's had a pretty hard knock and looks like a bit of work to straighten it out. I'm surprised that hasn't been recorded as a write-off.

Kazmaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
It is a professional doing it. But he has planted a bit of doubt in my mind that even after getting it fixed it still might not pass, just because it’s been repaired.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bent the chassis on my old ute, and it could have been fixed without an issue. But that has suffered pretty badly, way worse than mine was. Best speak to your inspector and see what advice he gives.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is this a V6 ute? If yes I'd be wary of doing what looks like a very costly repair on a ute that's not worth much.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s a hard hit. If it’s repaired well they can’t knock it back. It’s repaired. He might be saying it because it will be an expensive repair and is politely urging you not to do it.
That would be $8000 minimum

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
How does the repairer guarantee it will fold up like its suposed to in the next accident will be why it shouldn't be repaired. You don't want anything to do with a VIV's inspection.