Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap DIY exhaust mods?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I'm looking to increase the level of noise out of the exhaust, but I don't want to blow any more money on my car. Is there any way to alter the exhaust system ina good way with everyday materials?

I heard you can remove the rear muffler to get a burble, but thats all I know really.

Any help would be appreciated.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Get a a few pieces of pvc pipe and make your own extractors... That what I did, it came up great and I gained like 40kw from it.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
LOL Ben you can't be serious hahahaha

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Nah I am, The PVC (polyvinyl chloride), Is super heat resistant.... The scavinge process is made very efficiant.
the dyno might have been a bit happy but it would have picked up at least 30kw+ just from the feeling when you put the foot in..

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Get a a few pieces of pvc pipe and make your own extractors... That what I did, it came up great and I gained like 40kw from it.

April fools was a couple of days ago but a good try none the less

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute

Oh piss off. I'm trying to get some serious answers here and you jack the thread. PVC melts over a bbq, why wouldnt it melt on an engine?

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
i think his point is anything cheap isn't going to get you good results and most probably be illegal/obnoxious, there are any number of threads in here about exhausts for the alloytec maybe try searching....

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
i think his point is anything cheap isn't going to get you good results and most probably be illegal/obnoxious, there are any number of threads in here about exhausts for the alloytec maybe try searching....

lol, it was a good laugh. Trikkben, that sounds like something bigdaddycool would say lol