Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap DIY exhaust mods?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I agree with you mate.. if its an 's' i assume he means SV6 which means its the 190kw motor, definately not something to skimp on.

Nah, the utes only ever had the 175 and were never badged as an SV6. It's stil an S pak though.

I'll give removing the rear muffler a go. But not to sure how it'll turn out. I just spent most of my money buying stuff to servce the bloody thing. On an apprentice's wage, the only mod so far is the 2 hole which cost me 2 bucks for a length of pipe from bunnings.

I'm a cheapskate.

GMH95

Sorry I dont do Resprays
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1 3.8l
quote VzVzVz= I'm a cheapskate

id agree with that

svsex

big blue
Reaction score
Members Ride
190 sv6
2006 vz utes had the sv6, not sureon the exact date

02VX2SXEX

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx S series 2 3.8
honestly a real cheap good mod would be get a couple of washers from bunnings or anywhere and depending on the exhaust youve got you either but them from where the cat goes into the extractors or if youve got the dual exhaust right before the muffler, i spent $450 on my exhaust (redback 2.5") and my mate has a vy and done the exhaust washer mod and his sounds way better then mine, go on youtube and just search exhaust washer mod and hear it for yourself, goodluck

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
honestly a real cheap good mod would be get a couple of washers from bunnings or anywhere and depending on the exhaust youve got you either but them from where the cat goes into the extractors or if youve got the dual exhaust right before the muffler, i spent $450 on my exhaust (redback 2.5") and my mate has a vy and done the exhaust washer mod and his sounds way better then mine, go on youtube and just search exhaust washer mod and hear it for yourself, goodluck

1. You and your mate both have Ecotec's, the OP has an Alloytec.
2. Just no.

Zacsv697

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6 vy
Nah, the utes only ever had the 175 and were never badged as an SV6. It's stil an S pak though.

I'll give removing the rear muffler a go. But not to sure how it'll turn out. I just spent most of my money buying stuff to servce the bloody thing. On an apprentice's wage, the only mod so far is the 2 hole which cost me 2 bucks for a length of pipe from bunnings.

I'm a cheapskate.
Hey mate did you end up removing the muffler ? How did it sound