Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap ebay mafless tunes

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
there is probably heaps of questions regarding this but i did search and couldnt find excactly the answer i was after, im just wondering if any onne has tried the cheap mail order mafless tunes on ebay, there are some currently on there at the moment for $100 and $ 200, has anyone had any experience with these, there feedback seems fine but im just not sure yet, thanks

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
plenty of discussion on this. At that price, though, go for it. Be sure you check out the swap policy, and how much deposit you need to pay ontop of the tune cost. Will probably end up costing you around $400.

If you haven't modified your car much at all and don't want to for some time then the mailorder would be a good start. You will definitely notice a difference.

If you have modified a bit, or will be again in the near future, then save the money and get a proper dyno tune.

doobs

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY LS1 Berlina Wagon
I got a mail order mafless tune from steve at oztrack. I have just basic mods (cat back, mcai, K&N, and gts maf pipe) and my car made 214kw at the wheels.

Car runs perfect, car uses less fuel, and goes much better. I highly recommend you buy one from oztrack, they are a reputable quality tuner.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
someone from another forum got a cheap ebay mafless and went over a dyno and pull 284rwhp exhaust otr and all

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
ok, yer i might be better off then getting one from oztrack or somewhere like that

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
I got one off ebay from apc_performance (one of the guys currently selling for $99, cost me $150) I have been really happy with it! For the money I paid there was a huge increase in power. My car is an auto and the gear ratios have been relaxed when in normal mode (revving lower at cruising speed using less fuel) and then with pwr mode it shifts a lot quicker and firmer getting quite taily shifting into second. I haven't had it dyno'd to test the rwkw but I can easily beat my mates VX Clubsport R8 from a standing or rolling start! The only other mod's I have done is fit an alloy OTR intake and cat back exhaust! When talking $$ vs KW it is hard to go past!

If you can live without your PCM for a week, they won't get you to pay a deposit, but if you want one of their's sent to you so you can do a straight swap you will have to pay a refundable deposit (about $300 or so) which gets refunded when you return it.

Hope this helps.

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
Yeah i got mine mail order from demon motorsport prob best thing you could ever do to yoursemi stock ls1. power increasewas mega noticable. mines manual and i noticed rolling down the road in 1st then giving it heavy accel itspun from first 2 2nd then to 3rd powers wikid now and the fuel lasts a lot longer whixh is a plus when you drive like a nanna. that was a full mafless tune and semi tuned to full 3" exhaust and 4 into 1s. and the otr and 25% underdrive pully

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
As far as I know, all my car has is the ebay mailorder mafless tune and a dodgey CAI I knocked up, and last dyno had 304rwhp. It does have a standard 2.5" exhaust though, don't know if that's standard to all LS1s or just the Monaro's

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey guys,

These look very interesting, it seems that they are only selling them for 5.7 LS1.

Has anybody or does anybody know of anyone getting one of these for a gen4 6.0ltr??

Thanks.

ZOMBIE

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hey guys,

These look very interesting, it seems that they are only selling them for 5.7 LS1.

Has anybody or does anybody know of anyone getting one of these for a gen4 6.0ltr??

Thanks.

ZOMBIE

Mate, you DO NOT want a sh1tty ebay tune.