Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap extractors?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Why do people have to ebay everything. CAI's, exhausts etc. shouldn't be purchased off Ebay.

why so? i mean, if you can get a good brand of product with a good reputation then whats wrong with getting it a little cheaper? Nanos got his SS inductions CAI for about $40 from memory, i got a set of roller rockers, and have used stores to buy OEM replacements for much cheaper than dealers and wreckers

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
why so? i mean, if you can get a good brand of product with a good reputation then whats wrong with getting it a little cheaper? Nanos got his SS inductions CAI for about $40 from memory, i got a set of roller rockers, and have used stores to buy OEM replacements for much cheaper than dealers and wreckers

Because generally people pay more for this sort of stuff on Ebay than buying it direct. Second hand like the SS inductions is a different story, im referring to brand new.

I see buttons, switches etc. selling on ebay for double, even triple the price they sell for at Holdens. Im not talking about everything, but people today are just so ****ing lazy its not funny. Its not hard to ring your local Holden dealer or exhaust joint and compare prices but people just spend extra and buy off ebay.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
oh i get what you mean now. Although there are bargains to be had with NEW parts. HM headers on ebay are $400, from the factory they are $550ish
It seems to be smaller things that are more expensive.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
But then theres Pacemaker which are $550+$55 postage. I got the more expensive competition headers for $500 from a local exhaust joint yet people are paying like $105 more (inc. post) for the standard pacemakers.

Got a link the HM headers? It would be a first that extractors are cheaper on Ebay brand new than you can get at the exhaust store when you haggle a bit.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
At Holdens, the South Australia accent really showed up then :p

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Got a link the HM headers? It would be a first that extractors are cheaper on Ebay brand new than you can get at the exhaust store when you haggle a bit.

i cant find the link atm, but they are sold by "online performance" in hallam