Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Headunits, anybody tried?

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys i am just wondering whether or not anybody has actually bought one of those Cheap Head units off eBay, ill show you which ones i mean...

LIke this one, has awesome features!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-INNOVATE...6QQihZ016QQcategoryZ14946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or even this one doesn't look to bad..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BN-YOKOHAMA-...4QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50144QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

basically if they have the same Amplifiers or similar output, will the sound still be ok?
I mean...well how much different can it be? Sound is sound isn't it?

I'm sure other people have been wondering, so by the experts,

Are these things just trouble? Or are some of them actually using good components and worth the money?

Just looking for some opinions.. Because i was thinking of getting a pioneer head unit, but then these are so much more cheaper and saves the need for other cables for the ipod ect.

Anyway hit me up with some thoughts!
Thanks Fellas

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Not that i have had lots of cheap head units, but the 3 or so i have come across do there job for a little while then start to stuff up after a few months. Stops playing CD's or worse wont eject your fav CD.

Mind you my mate had a good Pioneer deck that stopped spitting CD's out.

But most of the time in electronics you get what you pay for. so i would stay clear, but its all up to you really.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Anybody bought any of those units i showed or something similar off eBay?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
But most of the time in electronics you get what you pay for. so i would stay clear, but its all up to you really.

I 100% agree with this statement. When it comes to audio and electronics i stick to the well known brands such as Pioneer, Kenwood etc.

Im currently decked out with all Sony stuff, in the car and around the house, after owning numerous shotty TV's Surround Sound Systems etc. Not one complaint from me.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
yeah i would never buy cheap audio gear. In my opinion you definately get what you pay for. As shaneus said good brands can pack it in too but no where near as often as cheap brands. Im a pioneer fan when it comes to head units but thats just me.
I think you will find that most people will recommend going with a known brand like pioneer, kenwood, alpine, clarion etc

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Dont touch them, as has been said before, they will work for 3 - 6 months, then die. If your lucky.