Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Modifications..

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Fairly soon, I'll be looking at some Engine work on the car - the stereo is done, interior is done, 18s/loweing will come very soon.. but for engine..

What are some cheap modifications that can be done so a s1 VR Exec, so far I have done CAI/Exhaust/K&N Panel Filter/Bellmouth removed..

What else?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
get a sports chip and have it tuned? maybe to some work on the tranny to put more of that grunt on the road

[ torque converter + shiftkit ] ?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
extractors?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Lmao Brent.. It ain't getting 'chargd'.. I have actually been tinkering on doing a V8 Conversion, thinking of the possibilities of LS1/2. I know it's possible on the VN chassis.

Patrio7: If I get a chip, I would need more work done, for example bigger injectors. From what I have been told the chips are telling the Injectors to do twice the workload, thus breakages.

HakHawk: Extractors are on the list. :D Paceys!

1991_Vn2nV: Highly considering an LSD Diff of some description. Shift Kit and 2,500RPM Stall Convertor are on the books.

Thanks so far guys!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's something I've been thinking about myself, actually. I love that rough idle. But you'd lose power down low with an aggressive cam, wouldn't you?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Lmao Brent.. It ain't getting 'chargd'.. I have actually been tinkering on doing a V8 Conversion, thinking of the possibilities of LS1/2. I know it's possible on the VN chassis.
good idea do an ls1/2 conversion, then charge it

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Rebuild it with fresh bearings, ACL flat tops, ARP bolts thru out, shave the heads to up to comp, 3 angle valve job and clean up the ports, nice cam, V8 throttle body, some L67 injectors, rebuild the auto with a 3000rpm stall, corvette servo and full manual valve plate, finally a mini spool or lsd with some 3.7's.
That should do ya:p
Its not really worth doing an engine swap in this day and age, would be cheaper and easier to just buy a VR/VS with a 5.0 in it already and swap your interior, etc over.
AirStrike :air: