Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Random Mods :)

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Hey guys,
I am always at home bored shitless so wanting to do some mods on my car.
I dont really wanna go spending money but will spend up to around $50.
I am looking at any sort of mods being interoir exterior or in the engine bay.
Hope so of you have some ideas and if you got any pics will be appreciated :D

Thanks Brad

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
I mean Cheap DIY Mods to guys.
Sorry
Thanks

coug

gotta love the v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 vx ss
2 hole mod/mcai (search for it on here), paint interior/dash/engine bay/brake calipers, maybe an exhaust tip if your going just for looks, modify your grill

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
2 hole mod, cut ressie off weld straght pipe, run wire for head unit straght to battery, uhmm, polish the plenum on your engine, re-locate battery to boot, clean throttle body, get tweeters off old speakers, break them off, and put them on dash hidden, convert dash lights to blue, pre much all the small stuff ive done to my car is listed here, heaps more done that i cant remember though

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Thanks heaps guys thats like a weeks worth of muckin around in the shed :) Even more lol
vn_v6 how do i go about- running wire for head unit straght to the battery and re-locating the battery to my boot?

Great help and ideas though guiys :)

cheers

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
cheap easy mods

Get some mad colored wiper blades the same color of ya car (cept if its white, i got em, can hardly keep my eyes on the road when they're going :p) get some leds for ya footwells and spend some time and hook em up to your interior light (don't jus hardwire em to the ignition like some lads do), do not cut out your rear resonator :p will just sound hollow and ****, check out ebay or the traiding post, try and find a good second hand catback if your not interrested in speding too much, remove your mudguards, buy some good wax, get some touch up paint and fix all the chips (if there is any), get led parkers and numberplate lights from china off ebay :p if you have a bumper strip on the side pull that off (ask me how if ya want) and get some chrome strip off ebay for it and get an air freshener. nothing better then hopping in a nice smelling car :)

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
barra218- Mate your the kind of person im lookin for not a smart arse lol. I have always wanted to put leds in the foot well, i have put 2 in the boot so when you open it the come on. I am actually looking for and exhaust at the monent, so if you know anyone gettin rid of one let me know? Ive just finished doing touch-up jobs with the paint, how do i do the led parkers if you know? and with the bumper strip do you mean the fugly chrome thing? :p and how do you pull it off? and my car smells like dash cleanrer haha not to bad of a smell :p

Thanks heaps mate great help :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Get some metal polish, few rags, degreaser and hit the engine bay

barra218

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
barra218- Mate your the kind of person im lookin for not a smart arse lol. I have always wanted to put leds in the foot well, i have put 2 in the boot so when you open it the come on. I am actually looking for and exhaust at the monent, so if you know anyone gettin rid of one let me know? Ive just finished doing touch-up jobs with the paint, how do i do the led parkers if you know? and with the bumper strip do you mean the fugly chrome thing? :p and how do you pull it off? and my car smells like dash cleanrer haha not to bad of a smell :p

Thanks heaps mate great help :)

Haha, i jus sold my old catback for cheap :p Well if its fugly then i guess its what im talking about :p its a long and annoying job but defiantly worth it in the end. and the parkers and number plate lights are easy. just pull out the headlights (or if your fiddly you can leave them in) and replace the wedge bulbs and same with the number plate lights. just have a fiddle around and you will work it out. oh and another one is give your carpet, mats and seats a good good clean :p