Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Vr Engine Mods Wanted!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
ur meant to rev ur car at 3000rpm for 8 seconds then the ecu is meant to re-tune/set its in the holden tech specs book

That is true, however I find that some mods that you do will automatically cause the car to do this. Last weekend I cleaned my throttle body and reset the IAC valve to the recommended spec. After i started the car, it reved up to about 3000rpm, for about 8 seconds. After that, the IAC valve reset and it dropped to its normal idle rev range. I would have a bet and say that after you remove the bellmouth, it is going to do it for you as well.

But yes, after you remove the fuse, you can rev the car as vr_owner has pointed out.

If you disconnect the negative battery terminal, which you should do before you start trying to remove the bellmouth, you wont need to remove the fuse after you do the work.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
does anyone think removing the bellmouth would effect economy??

Mate I will pull mine out, and see how my fuel goes. I record my fuel every week so it should be nice and easy to compare.

If you are going to remove the bellmouth, you are looking for a bit more power. If you are going to have that extra power, you are going to use more fuel, thats my thought. I wouldnt imagine that it would improve it, possibly leave it unchanged or make it worse.

But we will see.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
i did mine a few years ago... economy wasn't that different, but I don't really care about economy unless on long trips. doesn't really give any power gain, maybe 2rwkw, but it makes throttle response a bit more crisp.

JGlinatsis

Ratty
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8 V6
Hey im scraping my VR i have some mods like a 70mm throttle body steel air piping (from TB to POD) Just sold the Extractors so if you want something or just need to replace something let me know

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
NecroThread.jpg