Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap wagon?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
hey people. i have the option to get a wagon for $450. needs a new battery and the auto is playing up. it also need a blue slip. also no spark (guessing CAS). i'm not to worried about those problems as i'm about to take out my auto, i'm in spares so CAS and battery are cheap too. it has a little bit of rust in the tailgate. Its in sydney but my last boss will lend me his patrol and trailer to get it. i'm debating whether to get it. my tax will pay for it. and i need i another car for when i take mine off the road to respray and put the turbo motor in, plus my missus needs a wagon as she wants another kid. and i'm sick of relying on her to pick me up for lunch which hardly happens as the kids are asleep in the arvo so i usually work through lunch.

on the other hand a guy through work can get me a wagon for $500 but i've no idea whats wrong with it and its been sitting in a paddock for who knows how long. supposedly he has about 1000 cars in his paddock.

i'm not sure if i should jump in on the first offer or wait for the second one and miss the first and find out the second ones worse.

What should i do?:bang:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
can always get the first one, and if the second one is beta then the first, then flog the first wagon for more say, 750.... or more:yeah:

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
they're getting cheap now(the older commies) so there are alot lying around whose owners are sweet with beer for parts..

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
must be a bloody big paddock. sounds like heaven. grab the first one as long as you can be sure that what you are told is wrong is actually the problem. failing that go and check out the other one and see whats wrong with it.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'm going tomorrow to the paddock to have a look. i have a feeling they have got bits missing as he sells parts on the side to who ever knows he's there.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
how'd you go?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
turned out there was no vl wagons there. i just missed out on one with 5 speed and rego for $350. there is another one i'm waiting to here about and also a WB s/wagon with a 253 but has a blown head gasket. pretty rare though a WB wagon. its really only a HZ that holden re-badged to get rid of excess bodies but still......