Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheaper tyres for resale RWC - VE S2 SSV ute/van

ssvvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SSV Ute with Sandman canopy
Hi,

I am selling my SSV sandman van and I need to get 4 new tyres. I am debating how much to spend on a set as I am selling and dont really want to put top of the line tyres on it. I'f i was keeping it I would pay about $280 a wheel but I've had some quotes for a heap of brands I havent heard of for as low as $175 each fitted.

Any advice? I already have a car that is hard to sell as its quite specific (Karma SSV Ute with Sandman Canopy)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
What are the dimensions 245/40 R19?

ssvvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII SSV Ute with Sandman canopy
Yes sorry, replacing the factory fitted Potenza 245/40/19

conp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSV8
I'd go as cheap as possible..Zeetex can be found around $100 ea for 18's not sure for the size your after but TTf and Mwt sell them cheap if you ask about online special prices.

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I wouldn't replace the tyres until you sell the car. You won't be getting the roadworthy until you have a sale. When the deal on the sale is done, tell the new owner what tyres you are going to put on it and give him the chance to throw some dollars into the tyre purchase so that he will get tyres that he will want. if he's not prepared to do that, put the cheapshit Zeetex on and be done with it.