Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapest Place for new, second hand or reco gearbox

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
Gday guys my Auto in my VP wagon is on its last legs and i'm after a replacement, unfourtunetly i'm still too much a mechanical noob to fix it myself so if anyone knows a wreckers or mechanic in the Sydney area who can do the changeover cheaply that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not after super dooper awesome reco'd gearbox just something that will get the job done for the next 50,000km's, although if someone knows where I can get a reco box cheaply i'm open to the idea :)
Cheers

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
ebay the recos are going for 550 i beleve, and you looking at about 350-450 for install and watch out if they say that ya torque converter is stuffed if ya car is still holding on hills etc its fine there just trying to scamm ya if they keep insisting tell em you want a high stall(that way there not trying to sell ya own t-converter back to ya lol)

FrangaVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina Wagon
ebay the recos are going for 550 i beleve, and you looking at about 350-450 for install and watch out if they say that ya torque converter is stuffed if ya car is still holding on hills etc its fine there just trying to scamm ya if they keep insisting tell em you want a high stall(that way there not trying to sell ya own t-converter back to ya lol)

Could you link me to the Ebay add please, also if you know anyone in particular could you please PM me the number.Cheers :)