Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapskates idea - Spray Paint Carpet.....Read on

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
Why not?. if we want Black interior, why dont we just spray the carpet with some lack spray paint, we'd get hig for a few days of driving but the smell goes away

I did this in our VN Berlina wagon (padock Basher) to see if it would look anygood. i only did the front passenger side floor, no grey left.
it looks better than good IMO, and theres no smell anymore after a day of airing it out....

and hasnt worn or rubbed of yet. (its been about 2 months ad coutless people thrashing it in the paddock.)

wat you guys think??

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I think you're still high from the paint.

I wouldnt do it. The principle behind spray paint is little balls of paint fly out and stick to the surface, and as the surface saturates it spreads evenly for a smooth finish. Carpet, as a thick fiberous material won't accept paint, but you could dye it like any other fabric which requires a soluble colouring. All you're doing by spraying paint on it is creating a rough uneven layer of paint balls which did not get a chance to smooth out because the carpet drew the moisture away before they flattened.