Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'CHECK DRIVETRAIN' VZ 2005 3.6l Alloytec analysis

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
My Check Powertrain light came on the other morning, car runs a bit rough on cool/cold start up other than that drives fantastic and once warm runs smooth as, can hardly hear it!
Looks like I'll be getting a scan tool soon! Also have the service vehicle soon message, maybe an oil senors issue as some seem to say both can be linked to faulty oil sensor!

Got the car fully service and checked only a month ago so am guessing sensor issue.
Good info peoples.

You had the car serviced a month ago, so "service vehicle soon" probably came up because of the k's the car is showing.
Have a search on the site for "service vehicle soon" and cancel it yourself with the mode buttons.

MartinJS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6L
My Check Powertrain light came on the other morning, car runs a bit rough on cool/cold start up other than that drives fantastic and once warm runs smooth as, can hardly hear it!
Looks like I'll be getting a scan tool soon! Also have the service vehicle soon message, maybe an oil senors issue as some seem to say both can be linked to faulty oil sensor!

Got the car fully service and checked only a month ago so am guessing sensor issue.
Good info peoples.

Just thought I'd give an update, tried running the car on E10 fuel with 95 Octane I tend to mix it one tank normal unleaded one tank E10, haven't really noticed the difference except after I started using the E10 both the rough start on cool mornings and the Powertrain warning light has stopped coming on!

Is this just a coincident or is it possible the E10 burning a bit cleaner may have cleaned out some muck in the engine?
Thanks
Martin

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
E10 is rubbish and a waste of money. You're better off using 95 or 98 PULP, at least for long distance (freeway) trips.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Agree E10 is rubbish in terms of less power and poor economy but it does have different burn characteristics so it's possible your engine could run smoother on startup using it.