Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Engine Light - Code P0059

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Had a check engine light come up today on the VE SS L77. Scanned the car with my cheap OBDII scanner and got code P0059.

The cars got 126xxxkms. I've done 200+kms since I put in new spark plugs & leads, and about 120kms since getting a full exhaust, vcm cai and tune. I'm gonna assume one of these is responsive for the code.

What should I do to fix it?

Any input appreciated. Thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
DTC P0059: O2 Sensor Heater Resistance Range/Performance (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
Refer to the attached.

Attachments

• DTC P0059 O2 Sensor Heater Resistance Range-Performance (Bank 2 Sensor 1).pdf
    268.2 KB · Views: 249

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Thanks mate.

Read another thread that mentioned a battery on its way out could cause such a code. Just put a brand new battery in now and problem solved!!

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
:( code just came back today. Would the full exhaust be responsible for this? Should I take it back where it was done to get the codes cleared?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The problem is in the heater circuit of the O2 sensor.

I was having issues with this. Left side was having the AC drain drip down the harness and got into the back of the plug.

Repositioned the harness.

Also used Bosch sensors after having similar issues with two brands of cheap O2’s.

All fixed.

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The problem is in the heater circuit of the O2 sensor.

I was having issues with this. Left side was having the AC drain drip down the harness and got into the back of the plug.

Repositioned the harness.

Also used Bosch sensors after having similar issues with two brands of cheap O2’s.

All fixed.
Thanks for the advice mate. Since they seem pretty pricey and I just forked out a fair bit on mods, I'd rather not replace them all if possible. So which one is bank 2 sensor 1?