Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Okay so last night I changed my headlights on my 07 Maloo and this morning as driving it it says to check engine I'm to afraid to drive it if anything goes wrong anyone know what is the cause. Please need help asap

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Check engine light can be many things.. And some not related to the engine.. You'll need to get someone to read the code with a scan tool then you'll know what you are up against..

It may not even be related to your headlights. Could just be the O2 sensor in the exhaust or anything.. They all trigger the check engine light..

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Did you have to unplug anything to change headlights? If car has been good before try and think what you did while changing headlights. I was mucking around with stuff one night and I left keys in ignition, not turned on at all, just sitting there, but I guess doing that must still leave some sort of basic computer on, so I unplugged a sensor, plugged it back in later, went for a drive and got check engine light, crapping myself ha ha . Thought I broke car mucking around with it. But it was something simple like that.

Probably pointless info there ha ha, it's all I got