Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check engine on dash display

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
the check engine warning randomly popped up when i was driving the other night and i pulled over to check it and everything seems okay. oil is not low no unusual noises. but it popped up when i started it again so i waited til it cooled down when i got home and checked it again and still nothing unusual. but it didnt come back on again and hasnt come back on yet.
just wondering if anyone else has had this cause im not sure whether i should get it checked over.
just incase it helps i have the ecotec v6 in my ute. cheers guys!

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Go to a mechanic and get them to check the codes, probably a o2 sensor or similar :)

the check engine warning randomly popped up when i was driving the other night and i pulled over to check it and everything seems okay. oil is not low no unusual noises. but it popped up when i started it again so i waited til it cooled down when i got home and checked it again and still nothing unusual. but it didnt come back on again and hasnt come back on yet.
just wondering if anyone else has had this cause im not sure whether i should get it checked over.
just incase it helps i have the ecotec v6 in my ute. cheers guys!

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
havent had the chance to do anything about it but nothing seems to have popped up since. trying to get it serviced on monday so i might see if they can check the codes.
if its an o2 sensor whats usually the issue? i know nothing about them haha. is it a huge problem?