Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chev badges on Holdens

What do you think about Chev badges on a Holden?

• Silly

Votes: 316 84.5%
  • Cool

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
C'mon man, its a piece of ####in' plastic, and only one word can sum up everything about this thread.

GAY.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
The LS1 found in Holdens was also found in Chevrolet Corvettes from '97-2004.

Considering Chevrolet had them before us, Id say it a Chev engine wouldn't you?

You're entitled to an opinion, but you may want to do a little research.

It wasn't just the LS1 either, the LS2 was introduced as the Corvette's new base engine for the 2005 model year which HSV started using soon after, and the LS3 was introduced as the Corvette's new base engine for the 2008 model year which HSV started using soon after.

Oh and the L98 was featured in the Chevrolet Lumina and Caprice.

:)

This is what you said, and i proved that several engines in Holdens in fact do originate from Chevrolets.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't have Chev badges because of what's under the bonnet.

So if an engine that made it's debut in the engine bay of a Chev isn't a Chev engine, please enlighten us as to what it is.

Actually the HFV6 was first designed, tested and produced in a joint team by Cadillac and Holden so they can claim is as their own, partially at least.

Have already stated that engine wasn't the reason for the badges so this question is pointless.

*Where

Holden spare parts dept sell them funnily enough :)

Maybe pointless to someone that wasn't intelligent enough to read the whole thread before commenting.

To the rest of us, I was addressing a direct statement that the engine wasn't a Chev engine. So logically there was a point to discussing it wasn't there?

I never claimed either were? I never mentioned the L76 and simply said the L98 was featured in the Lumina and Caprice which where Chevrolet badged from factory.

It was a side note more than anything as I specifically stated the other LS engines started life in a Chevrolet engine bay, not a Chevrolet badged Holden.

No need to get upset because I pointed out you were mistaken, and there's no dash in disservice just quietly. I made no foolish assumptions I stated facts, you're just annoyed that you were the one made to look foolish.

If you still can't comprehend the point I'm making regarding the origin of certain LS engines then move on. It was in response to someone else's statement and completely relevant to the topic at hand.

I didn't start the thread, I simply addressed the uneducated assumptions contained within it. As for caring what others think about me having Chev badges, I don't. I do what I like, not what others like.

The argument can go on forever, I've stated my reasons for doing it so further input isn't needed really.

Agreed hence mine being the same colour as the car, the back ones barely visible it blends in nicely.

That explains why i have 4 inches total now.

Are you women still bitching over this? Seriously get a life because nobody gives a toss!!

Who's arguing? I'm just here to be amused by the fact that people's lives are so uninteresting that they are STILL bitching in this thread about something that has zero affect on them :)

It's so pathetic it's laughable!

Well your username is appropriate as that occupation would suit you.

Please explain how posting an observation is comparable to the bitching everyone else is doing? You may want to get some refresher courses on grammar first so your posts are legible.

Oh and the mod/admin that edited the poll to give inaccurate results is the most pathetic of all.

I actually lol at people like yourself who truly believe they are making an intelligent post when in reality you're no brighter than any of the others and their futile attempts to make me look stupid.

You're way out of your league so don't even try.

And to disprove your frankly laughable attempt you may wish to note that the amount of notifications I ignore vastly outweigh the ones I respond to.

This in itself is proof that your post is rubbish, and those that liked it are pretty much telling the world "Hey look at me, I'm intellectually challenged!"

But please do continue, the stupid trying to appear intelligent amuses me to no end, pretty much the only reason I post in this thread.

I'm as chilled as I could possibly be.

I've finished work, got a nice glass of Wild Turkey American Honey and my hot as fark fiancée just called to say she's nearly home with dinner!

Life doesn't get any better :)

lol there you go again presuming I give a **** about your opinion! And again mistakenly presuming I'm worked up. Not too good at taking information and forming logical thoughts are you?

Im superior to Hawking, I don't need a computer to speak for me. (Well ironically right now I do lol)

By having a broad vocabulary I look stupid? Wow that's the best laugh I've had today, and I thank you!

Wow who's worked up now haha look at all those typos/grammatical errors lol. And my penis isn't small nor is it huge, it's about average and does the job nicely :)

That fourth paragraph was hard to decipher, after a few tries I think I get what you're trying to say. I'm a loser and you're stupid with no possessions and my life's awesome lol. Well I'm definitely not a loser, in my humble opinion anyway. If you feel you're stupid and lacking in possessions maybe get a better paying job and improve your life. A life full of awesomeness is achievable for anyone if you set your mind to it :)

I keep coming back because the fishing here is so good!

I need not care about something to enjoy participating in it.

Why would I take up your offer to "prove you wrong" when I don't care what you think?

:p

She dropped my dinner off then went out again, Should be home (again) shortly :)

She said yes to the ring so I'm guessing she doesn't share your opinion :)

Come on people the attempted insults are getting lame I'm losing interest.

We exercise together :D

Lol what hole? Do you actually think before typing or do you just express random thoughts?

Anyway she's home now so I'm out (for now).

I'll be sure to fish here again though, so many bites that just keep coming!

:D

All you've proven is that you're an idiot.

And it's your honor.

A: I say again, your opinion means **** to me.

B: I don't give a **** if you believe my Mrs is smoking or not.

When will you morons understand?

I come here by choice, not because I'm so insecure I can't let it go like the rest of you. Everyone but me is getting upset while I'm getting amusement from every post.

Anybody's, now who's stupid?

I have a few things to say, I have quoted every single post you have made in this thread also.

This is your fiancee

president-ronald-reagan-right-hand.jpg

This is you

1233400426_guy%20falls%20of%20chair.gif

Here is your gold medal. Congratulations, the entire forum officially hates you

gold-medal.jpg

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Good to see the progression of his argument in one space.

This is how it progressed.

Offer opinion > get proved wrong > continue to argue unsuccessfully > realize mistake, result to name calling > pretend to be some kind of savant talk smart and tell everyone how awesome life is > realize everyone thinks your an idiot, pretend not to care.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
View Poll Results:

Voters 2147483701.

Silly 2,147,483,659 = 100.00%

Nuf said :clap:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Your both a pack of tools. If ya got a problem with a Chev badge on a Holden go slit ya wrists.

Honestly is it thT big a deal?

Okay im a Kiwi so excuse me if Im wrong.

Holden is as much an Australian icon as a kangaroo, Just like Chev is as much an American icon as the Eagle (or whatever they use to represent themselves).

Now image a picture of a kangaroo holding an American flag, Now thats just straight un-Australian. This is why I believe people hate chev badges on Commodores so much. Its basically like saying Holden is American.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Okay im a Kiwi so excuse me if Im wrong.

Holden is as much an Australian icon as a kangaroo, Just like Chev is as much an American icon as the Eagle (or whatever they use to represent themselves).

Now image a picture of a kangaroo holding an American flag, Now thats just straight un-Australian. This is why I believe people hate chev badges on Commodores so much. Its basically like saying Holden is American.

Your reading WAYYYY to much into it. Who gives a f**k it's a badge for god sake not a bloody coat of arms!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
View Poll Results:

Voters 2147483701.

Silly 2,147,483,659 = 100.00%

Nuf said :clap:

2 billion 147 million 483 thousand 701 people voted eh? Fail

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2