Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chevrolet Monza

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
wow, when i said put up some photos of engine and interior, i was expecting it to look aged and worn out, just because it looked like an old car and i thought you were in the process of rebuilding it, my mistake

that engine bay looks smick, love the paint! very clean interior, i really like the look of this car, a definate head turner

how much it cost to import one of these babies?

if anything that needs to be done to this car, maybe rims?

i could really see a set of these old school looking race wheels,
they really suit muscle cars. i've always liked em

wld-90-755344_cp.jpg

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
I have a set of Dragway 15 inch rims to go on the car .........the rims you have up i cannot get ,stud pattern is not normal chev ,it is 4 on 4 inch stud pattern the rims on it at the moment are a modified set of hq rims (lots of modification )
and as for tired and worn ..........it WAS when i started work on in in 2006 ! everything in or on that car is either new or reconditioned no bolt left unturned so to speak

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
I have a set of Dragway 15 inch rims to go on the car .........the rims you have up i cannot get ,stud pattern is not normal chev ,it is 4 on 4 inch stud pattern the rims on it at the moment are a modified set of hq rims (lots of modification )
and as for tired and worn ..........it WAS when i started work on in in 2006 ! everything in or on that car is either new or reconditioned no bolt left unturned so to speak

haha yeh full rebuild i can see, very nice. i'm just used to seeing a lot of people rebuilding old cars, and only slapping in clean interior and a fresh paint job and calling it a rebuild. And when you look under the car or in the engine bay, its as old and rusty as it was! you know how it is,

yeh put the dragways on, that rim i put up i just quickly got from google lol, i just meant that general shape and look.

I would love to do a rebuild like this one day, when i finish school, get a career and move out of home, maybe ill have the money, time and space to do this, cant wait!!!!!

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
this car came from Canada
repaint and neat trim were never going to be an option
i used many rolls of mig wire repairing this car and have the pictures to prove it LOL
you can see a select bunch of pictures of the repairs here
camaro-firebird.org :: Garage

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
this car came from Canada
repaint and neat trim were never going to be an option
i used many rolls of mig wire repairing this car and have the pictures to prove it LOL
you can see a select bunch of pictures of the repairs here
camaro-firebird.org :: Garage

haha yeh very nice. a lot of work i see, worth it in the end aye

heaps of difference between the before and after photos,

how long did this all take?

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
i took 3 years to build it as it was never going full rego and 2009 was the year it could go on to historic rego

JayDawg1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 Chevy Monza 2+2
Hi I have a 1978 Chevy Monza & I can't find parts anywhere. I was wondering if you could suggest any places to get parts & where in Canada you imported your Monza because I would really like a parts car. Thank you for your time!!!!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
nice car, looks like a camaro (i think, im tired) and a torrie

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
saw it today and this is a great car.. keep up the good work on it..