Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Child restraint anchor points for a wagon

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok Wife & I are having a baby and im looking at replacing he car with something bigger I have a perfectly good sedan in the shed but she is set on a wagon, so Im thinking of a VZ leaning towards an Adventra LX8 or maybe a subaru outback. We need a car with higher ground clearance due to where we plan to be living.

I have never owned a wagon, doing some research some wagons fix child restraints to the boot floor, some back of seat some in the roof. anyone know where on VY and later commodores where child restaints are mounted?
Also do they get in the way when you put stuff int he back?

cheers
Scott

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
they shouldnt be in the seat back, thats for sure. if i am not allowed to fit them there to jap cars, it doesnt seem fair for local cars to be able to get away with it.

most wagon installs i do are in the roof. i doubt you would even notice them. and even if you do they are secured with a 5/16th bolt, so just take out the ones you dont use. its not like a huge bracket or anything.