Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chilling fuel

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Your really only going to get any Benifit if you currently have issues with fuel vaporizing in the fuel rail before the injectors.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just to put it out there.
the colder it is the more dense right?

would the density have an effect that would make it worthwhile?

and could you somehow plumb some sort of bar tap chilling lines into the fuel system?
forgotten what it is... but maybe its an idea to look at?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U will most likely need to buy, make fuel rails to suit. Because they are flat, u will need to locate a fuel rail with a flat side that u can mate the pelzier tiles to it. Like a heat sink on a transistor. This will really be the best way to do it, plus the heat will only aid in the cooling of the other side.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What a waste of time. I'm sure Holden engineers would of went through and figured all this out when they were designing it.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
just to put it out there.
the colder it is the more dense right?
No. The air is more dense the cooler it is.
The cooler the fuel is the harder it is to vaporise.
As I said before, this is the reason fuel companies supply summer and winter mixes.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
You would, IMO, be better off running the fuel warm but not hot so you suffering vapour lock.
Anything cooler than the engine it's self would work so you don't get condensation.
Again this would depend on the type and blend of fuel as some fuels work better cooled such as methanol and alcohol.

78_torana

Reaction score
Members Ride
l67 torana
Yeah I am running e85 and bp98 tunes, I'm thinking of using my old tranny cooler with a couple of CPU fans on it wired in series with my thermos so I can switch them on whenever. Holden engineers wernt thinking about it I would say because they don't consider aftermarket performance. I'm gonna try it on my l67 current has 320hp at the treads and uncooled so heat in the bay is an issue hence why I asked.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Would be great to hear the results. I suppose an increase in Hp would be good but to make any real comparisons you would have to record engine temp, fuel temp, manifold (induction) temp and ambient temperature.

78_torana

Reaction score
Members Ride
l67 torana
I'm always up for a bit of r&d. Already dropped intake temps by 10-15 by fitting injectors In the blower. I've got a tot cooler kit on the way too. Shud make some good numbers and improve track times a fair bit

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Yeah I am running e85 and bp98 tunes, I'm thinking of using my old tranny cooler with a couple of CPU fans on it wired in series with my thermos so I can switch them on whenever. Holden engineers wernt thinking about it I would say because they don't consider aftermarket performance. I'm gonna try it on my l67 current has 320hp at the treads and uncooled so heat in the bay is an issue hence why I asked.

So where is this cooler going to go? regardless of how you do this the fuel is still going to heat up when it hits the fuel rails. You could maybe glue a heap of heatsinks like the ones found on VZ power steering coolers to the rails but I doubt you're going to achieve any noticeable temperature drop without CO2 or something like that.