Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chime at high revs vx calais sc

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
when i rev the engine stationary theres a chime possibly a warning chime coming from the dash at high revs and when i put my foot right down the engine pulsates and instead of one long broooooooooom it goes broom broom broom rocking around is this normal

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
when i rev the engine stationary theres a chime possibly a warning chime coming from the dash at high revs and when i put my foot right down the engine pulsates and instead of one long broooooooooom it goes broom broom broom rocking around is this normal

Well, depending on how hard you reved it, you probably hit the rev limiter.
I hit the rev limiter in my VT 304ci @6200 rpm in 1st gear and it farted an splutted.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
i was trying to explain somthing thats hard to describe i predicted a come back just like that useless twit hows it go again it goes derr

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
i was trying to explain somthing thats hard to describe i predicted a come back just like that useless twit hows it go again it goes derr

I was only havin a lend of ya mate, on a serious note, I owned a VT (not blown) and I had the same alarm noise when I'd rev it in park, no warning lights came up on the dash tho.. Never had the pulsating revs but I never really just floored it in park either..

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
no worries then all good does sound a bit alarming sorry phat just a bit vexed

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
The warning chime is probally there for a reason like don't thrash your engine!

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
no worries then all good does sound a bit alarming sorry phat just a bit vexed

Lol it's funnier at work when some is describing a sound that is coming from their truck over the two-way, "how's it go again" is the usual response before a fitter can answer.

I wouldn't be to concerned about the alarm unless its coming on while ya driving..