Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chip & CAI

adz_1983

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2001 VXII SS Commodore
Hi,

I have a VXII SS and the only things left that I want to upgrade on my car performance wise is the CAI (I want a K&N) and upgrade the chip but have a few questions which I can't seem to get answers to.....

- Which CAI should I get, I've been looking on the US K&N site and it lists a few differents ones, clearly I wouldn't want the one for SUV etc but what sort of performace can I expect from it?

- Chips? I have no idea, I've been reading through the JC forums reading about memcals etc but do HSV etc make them? what sort of $$$ am i looking at and what is changed? Is it just fuel/air etc?

Thanks guys (and girls!!)

Nez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport II R8
As far as CAI id probably be looking at SS inductions, but if its just the filter your after then K&N would be fine. If you wanted to go all out, a mafless tune and an over the radiator (OTR) intake would be the best.
Ive never heard of HSV making a chip. Its pretty much the same computer just tuned. An edit tune would be the way to go. I paided $1500 at walkinshaw performance. A bit pricey but every time I take it back to get retuned (for fuel economy or power) I only pay $150. Hope that helps.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
For an LS1 you want an OTR Intake and a Maffless tune. A good pair of these will make you feel like you've bought a whole new car.