Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chip testing :D

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well here's the story,
I put new spark leads on my car today and then tried to run some 1/4 mile testing, ended up running 14.8 and 15.2 which are about the slowest the car has ever run. But I have serious wheelspin issues at the moment so that is probably why. So anyway I was convinced the current chip I'm running must be a dud even though it was running 5.95-6.2 today doing 0-60 when I could get traction. So I've started again on a new chip, I'm using a stock standard VS Clubsport chip as the base which I tested just now and run consistant 6.65's 0-60 mph with no wheelspin this has me a bit interested in just how bad the stock chip is so I'm going to try that out now :) I'll be back

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ok
I'm back
I run 7.14 first up 0-60 with the stock chip BAAP. Then with a blinder of a take off, best I've done for ages, you know the ones with just a slight skip of the wheels 6.88, then a another magic takeoff with slight wheelspin 6.86. That's about as good as it was going to get with the stock chip. Hmm so yeah big improvements to be made with the V8 tune you are lucky to see .25 on the stock V6. P.S car has CAI + hotdog on the back, No resonator apart from that she's all stock. Get yourself a VN or VP executive 5 liter, change the timing add a bit of juice and instant fast car, can't wait to see what happens with a decent exhaust

Last edited:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
greenfoam can i send u my old chip and u ahve a play to make me a powerchip....can be as much as a pig on fuel as it likes i just want to see if i can get any more power gains from my engine
pm me with your postal adress and ill get something organised

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Email is away to your hotmail, also you can talk to me on MSN if you want

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
greenfoam, what sort of fuel consumption are u getting from your 5ltr?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
ejukated said:
greenfoam, what sort of fuel consumption are u getting from your 5ltr?

Crap :) there's something wrong with it, I'm only getting 14liters per 100 k. But I may have found one of the problems today because I got new spark plug leads and that gave it much more go at part throttle, made no more top end power but at very small throttle openings like for highway cruising, it's much stronger so time will tell (obviously today was not a good day for fuel :p) (or tires) but at least I don't miss my driveway anymore after stalking that SS the other day from my video :p

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mostly highway, the VP has no lean cruise but I'm running the VS chip anyway with lean cruise enabled. But yeah since my car has other issues it doesn't make any difference what chip I run at the moment but I'll get it sorted one day. Chuff is running the lean cruise chip with good results in a car that's working properly

BrianT

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s wagon
greenfoam said:
Mostly highway, the VP has no lean cruise but I'm running the VS chip anyway with lean cruise enabled. But yeah since my car has other issues it doesn't make any difference what chip I run at the moment but I'll get it sorted one day. Chuff is running the lean cruise chip with good results in a car that's working properly

Mr Greenfoam is there such a chip that will make my VP v6 auto more economical?
I do a lot of hwy driving
Thanks

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Brian you should be able to bring the VP up to VR fuel usage specs just by using the VR manual chip converted a little bit to run on the VP auto, it has lean cruise