Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chip testing :D

BrianT

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s wagon
Many thanks for you reply I must try and find a Man VR chip.Then get it modified.Where in Melbourne would you suggest Greenfoam?

Thanks again

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
hey greenfoam im planing on puttin on my supercharger sometime soon on my 3.8 v6 buick, you know if we need any chip for that so i dont need a dyno tune?

or will i not need one ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
venomous said:
hey greenfoam im planing on puttin on my supercharger sometime soon on my 3.8 v6 buick, you know if we need any chip for that so i dont need a dyno tune?

or will i not need one ?

If you run the 6 psi pulley and super 6 injectors you can just burn a copy of vp_lukes tune, otherwise invest in a eprom burner and we will help you get it tuned right, should be very easy on 3 psi

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
BrianT said:
Many thanks for you reply I must try and find a Man VR chip.Then get it modified.Where in Melbourne would you suggest Greenfoam?

Thanks again

You dont need a manual VR memcal, just any VN-VR chip from the wreckers then you reprogram a VR manual eprom, changed a little to suit the VN

F

Frd_thmsn

Could you list the sorts of changes people have to make to make a VR binary compatible with a VN when you get time.
That would help a lot of the people new to this .

Just the basics , and the F60 settings to make it compatible with the VN fueling. I know that trying to run a VR F60 and F1 spark table in the VN makes for a grandpa car :).
Here's a couple off the top.

KSPDSENA Road speed pulses.... change to 1250.05 ( The signal is divided by 5 on the VN not on the VR.
KTCCTMPL TCC temp .... change to 44 deg
KOPTFLG4 Alarm word 4 bit 0 .... change to SET.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Those are all you need to make it run right :), after that you can give it some more VN like timing for a bit more poke and less VR grandpa smoothness

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Greenfoam.... have you got some tips on how to get best city and highway fuel economy out of my 2000 VX V6 auto....??...