Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chiropractors

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Been to one every couple of months for a bad lower back (pinched siadic nerve)so bad that in the morning i cant even sit down and bend over to do up my shoelaces and other time could be standing there talking then move like a inch and bang on the floor in pain..... Was going to a physio for it, 3 or 4 visits and didnt do a thing then i mentioned to her that i had gone to the ciro before for a similiar prob and she said go back to him...

So i did he did acupunture after the first visit i was 98% fixed so went 3 more times and was all fixed.. he said to come back if it flairs up and not leave it for so long...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Been to one every couple of months for a bad lower back (pinched siadic nerve)so bad that in the morning i cant even sit down and bend over to do up my shoelaces and other time could be standing there talking then move like a inch and bang on the floor in pain..... Was going to a physio for it, 3 or 4 visits and didnt do a thing then i mentioned to her that i had gone to the ciro before for a similiar prob and she said go back to him...

So i did he did acupunture after the first visit i was 98% fixed so went 3 more times and was all fixed.. he said to come back if it flairs up and not leave it for so long...

sounds just like what i had. did you have trouble sleeping or walking?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I've seen a chiro/physio in one, so they can do both on you at once he can decide on the day what he'll do for you. I definatly think physio is better than chiro. The chiro just cracks you up and says see you in 2 days, i just cant see any sensce in how it works. How does displacing air from sockets and forcing your you to bend in ways you know you shouldnt make things line up.

But whatever you do, if nothings happening and you dont like who your seeing, go and see another. If you find a good one, you'll know. But if they give you exercises to do, please do them. Nothing gives physios the ****s more than people who come in week in, week out and arnt realy getting any results because they dont do the work at home.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I've seen a chiro/physio in one, so they can do both on you at once he can decide on the day what he'll do for you. I definatly think physio is better than chiro. The chiro just cracks you up and says see you in 2 days, i just cant see any sensce in how it works. How does displacing air from sockets and forcing your you to bend in ways you know you shouldnt make things line up.

But whatever you do, if nothings happening and you dont like who your seeing, go and see another. If you find a good one, you'll know. But if they give you exercises to do, please do them. Nothing gives physios the ****s more than people who come in week in, week out and arnt realy getting any results because they dont do the work at home.

oh dont worry i wont im pretty desperate to get it fixed. cant stand the thought of putting up with this for the rest of my life. its got to the point where its driving me nuts. every shift at work is hell for me :bang::bang::bang:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I don't know of one of the GC, but i have prolapsed discs in my back which once popped so far out that they severed the nerves in my back now the back of my right leg and the right side of my right foot is completely numb. Doesn't affect my walking or anything, but i went to a chrio down here in Melbourne who put me through 6 sessions of electrode suction caps and spinal manipulation / cracking.

Sorted me out great, haven't had a problem in about 3 years until about 3 months ago, had my last session last week, feel as right as reign again.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i'd definately recommend giving the chiro a go, it definately helped me out.

had a moto accident a good few years back and my back and neck wasn't right for a few years and got to the point where i was in quite bad pain almost everyday, so off i went, they did x-rays to see what was going on and took it from there, i went for about 6months , did the exercises required and still keep them up and havn't had a problem now for a good 8months:thumbsup:

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
sounds just like what i had. did you have trouble sleeping or walking?

Yep bad pain at night where i would be lying there and then i would move maybe a mm or 2 and baaaammmmm pinched nerve or something.. pain down left and right side of the legs and that.... walking would be painful even getting outta the commo was a challange... Got to the stage of when i want to sit down i had to support myself with my arms and lower myself into the chair....

But after 1 session with the chiro and acupunture i was on the way to recovery.. now after like 3 sessions last one bout 1 month ago feel back to normal....

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Yep bad pain at night where i would be lying there and then i would move maybe a mm or 2 and baaaammmmm pinched nerve or something.. pain down left and right side of the legs and that.... walking would be painful even getting outta the commo was a challange... Got to the stage of when i want to sit down i had to support myself with my arms and lower myself into the chair....

But after 1 session with the chiro and acupunture i was on the way to recovery.. now after like 3 sessions last one bout 1 month ago feel back to normal....

whats it like having acupunture. thats where they stick heaps of those needles all over you isnt it

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

yeah very similar to mine. woke up one day with a real bad pain in my left leg, and had all those symptoms. went away after a few weeks at physio. came back about 6 months later but on my right leg and much worse. it was a lower back problem and some sort of inflammation.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
whats it like having acupunture. thats where they stick heaps of those needles all over you isnt it

Basicly thats what it is very thing needles that he pushes in prob bout 5-10 mm into the problem area and pics up on nerves and it stimulates them.. They feel like they are about 2 inches inside but they are not. Then what he does is wiggles them a bit to make sure they are right (little bit painfull) then leaves for 10min or so then comes back has a wiggle then leave for another 10-15 min and comes back pulls them out and out the door you go.....

My original prob started when i fell off a 3 foot bench top onto the ground straight onto my ass bout 4 or so years ago. got better slowly but then comes back evry now and then after heavy lifting IE moving house or leaning over a engine bay for long periods of time....

I would recommend it to anyone to at least try if you have back pain. like i said above i was going to a physio and wasting money even the physio said the same go to the guy that helped the most..... He said it might be case of coming in every 3 months or when it flares up again and getting a few sessions in.. But i couldnt believe the relief and how much better i was. Went from not being able to do my shoes up to being able to pick up my 2 year old niece and riding a bike again