Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chopa's new crappy VH Wagon

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
water pumps fine chopa, use it, same style blades i used to get on my 304 water pumps.

They probally don't make the old style anymore and it looks like the new one would be more efficient anyway.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
anyone think its the right one with those blades?

i think that style of blade is the better kind. is your other one much thinner?

heads looking mint btw.

edit* yeah these are the **** ones.
IMG_3277_zps40334db8.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
If you don't have a pressure washer, get your oven cleaner or whatever cleaner you're using and go to a carwash and just use the high pressure hose there. Heads are looking real nice but the cleaner the better.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Tiny update. Have been cleaning the rocker arm stuff (very fiddly) Waiting for the valve spring remover to arrive so i can get going the stem seals. the head looks pretty good now. Not spotless but nice. And also cleaned up the intake manifold. Not as many hours spent now that I'm back at work :(

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I know what you mean about trying to clean them up. The exhaust ports in the head that's on the engine in my ute thread were so clogged with carbon, that you'd barely be able to fit a 10 cent coin in there. I had to literally chisel it out!

Keep in mind that you'll need some non hardening thread sealant too for the head bolts that go through to the coolant passages :)

Do you have an air compressor? Make sure you get the insides of the pushrods cleaned out nicely too, since they're responsible for providing oil to the top end. Blowing them out with compressed air is the easiest way to go about it.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I took the air compressor out. Went to Autobarn they didn't know what the sealant was for the bolts. Need to go somewhere else.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
dont fk around with any different brands. go genuine holden. its available from repco. its not cheap, but the heating problems youll get if you dont use it or use it improperley are just not worth it.

if you were in melbs id lend you mine... but youre not, so i cant.

Rubbish mate....I use cheap sealant and I have problems getting enough heat to turn my thermos on....I have the thermo set to come on at 85 degrees