Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrisso's 1979 VB commodore!!!!!!!!!!

TUFFVKV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Royale 304
Awesome VB, wheels and paint are mean, love the boot setup too.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Awesome VB, wheels and paint are mean, love the boot setup too.

Thanks mate !!!!! Well my little suzuki got registered today so its almost time to pull the commo of the road for a while and spend some $$$$$ on it!!!!!

I have new heads to bolt on and also edelbrock performer manifold and carby spacer to fit ......

Any one recommend good head gaskets to use ???????

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
ACL has served me well

Thanks darren mate !!!! I hope you can help me out again As you know its tax time again !!!!!! Bank account is going to be full again!!!!!!!!

Now i want to upgrade my Diff currently 3.08 ratio open wheeler ..... Rang around today and some prices for ratios for the 10 bolt were very surprising i can purchase 4.44 for $400 ....and cannot fit minispool to open wheel centre in 10 bolt will fit into 10 bolt lsd carrier... Cant get 3.9's or 4.11's should i just remove the 10 bolt and go borgwarner?????

Will VN'VP diff fit under the vb ????? Not too worried about cruising and revs on the car as it is going to be club rego'd ,so will only be driven to and from meets and shows.... Any advice would be great !!!!!!!!

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Vp diffs are 50mm wider than vb so it will scrub.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
I have been a ebay warrior over the last week bought a few goodies should all turn up this week ......

Bought new chrome door strikers, New bonnet rubber kit, Bonnet struts, And Also a shotgun scoop too!!!!!!!!!

Will take some pics soon!!!!!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Been to a few local car shows up here in FNQ lots of very nice cars getting around post pics soon!!!!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Here are some pics of the commodore at the NQ nationals car show on the weekend

carshow12081.jpg

carshow12080.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
I fitted the new shotgun scoop and also some braided hose covers also

carshow12083.jpg

carshow12076.jpg

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Cant believe its nearly been 2 mths since i was last on ... We had the cairns auto spectacular on here a few weeks ago .. Was a great weekend for car fanatics lots of nice cars about !!! I ran the Gauntlet and took the old girl there but what a mission took the car to the servo in the morning and put $30 in the car went home then the trouble started car ran like a piece of ****!!!!! Disconnected fuel line pumped into a bottle and the F#$K#N thing was full of water !!!!!!!!

Drained the tank and filled full of premium and tuned it up adjusted fuel bowls .... What a difference car hammers now!!!!!!

I dont drive the old commy round to much anymore though just sits in garage covered up ... Have to get the car on club Rego paying full rego on something i dont drive much is a killer ...... But i will never sell it!!!!!!!!! Even though the missus would love me too!!!!

But she is happy for now i bought her a 2006 Toyota hiace commuter last week and i get my old truck back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!