Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome door handles peeling

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Alright. Job done! Took maybe 20 minutes. Jsat (post #28 above) was absolutely correct and helpful. I found using a small flathead screwdriver made easy work of the plastic weld, since there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in there. The clips that hold the new door frame in were a pain to get on, but a 10mm socket fitted beautifully over the top. Using my impact driver, I attached a 10mm socket, put the clip on the door post, and pushed down and let it drive on. Worked well. I used a cheapo socket as there was some surface damage on the socket (not much).

Attached is the finished product.

To summarise, get the replacement door handle, which should include the handle and the clips. In my case, the hanlde was front rh, #92509304. The 4 clips are part # 13360088. To be clear, I didnt order them separately, they came together. Purchased from an ebay link provided in this thread.

IMG_20200901_164059752.jpg

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Anyone know if the front ones also suit the rears? I have an idea of adding the little door handle light thats in the front doors to the back ones as well..

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
As far as I can tell, the difference is there is no little light, at least in mine. It looks to be the same fitout. Might be worth taking out the rear trim and compare it to the photo i've put up here. It doesnt take long!