Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chrome guards around windows?

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
hey umm..i opened the door un screwed the screws and poped the front side of the window mold off, but in the middle there's the divider for the front and rear door, and it has no screws or anything, soo im at a disadvantage here, and i need help lol, cant get the damn things off can anyone gimme a hand..

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
The VR/VS moulds fit except you have to use the VP Berlina/Calais rear quarter window with the inbuilt moulds. The door top moulds are held on by screws. The back door has a screw at the b pillar end and a second screw under the fixed window. You have to take the door trim off to get to the screw. The front door only has one screw at the b pillar end. The mirror keeps the other end in place. I've put a VR calais set onto a VN exec.

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
joebloggs said:
The VR/VS moulds fit except you have to use the VP Berlina/Calais rear quarter window with the inbuilt moulds. The door top moulds are held on by screws. The back door has a screw at the b pillar end and a second screw under the fixed window. You have to take the door trim off to get to the screw. The front door only has one screw at the b pillar end. The mirror keeps the other end in place. I've put a VR calais set onto a VN exec.

so do i have to pull the whole back quarter window off to get the chrome window molds? and put it on my car?

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Take the whole window & replace yours (3 screws on pillar, 5 or 6 plastic nuts inside car & sealant).

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
joebloggs said:
Take the whole window & replace yours (3 screws on pillar, 5 or 6 plastic nuts inside car & sealant).

i kno where the 3 screws are ive taken them off but where are the 5-6 plastic nuts at?

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
You have to take the rear quarter window surround out on the inside of the car. The seatbelt bolt goes through it on the c pillar.

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore Executive....and a London bus
Hey, have to admit I was wrong, I had a look at some of these pics with VN's with the chrome round da window. **** it can look awesome on a dark car, but I'm still not sure about light colored cars... hmmm. The only example I've seen before this are on Lexan Glx's... is there some reason they look so crook on Lexan's? Are the chrome mouldings different, or is it just that Lexan's have all that horrible detail (rubber bits glued on ect) that make the whole car look crook? Or is it just that most are beige or weak puke green?!

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
andy05 said:
Hey, have to admit I was wrong, I had a look at some of these pics with VN's with the chrome round da window. **** it can look awesome on a dark car, but I'm still not sure about light colored cars... hmmm. The only example I've seen before this are on Lexan Glx's... is there some reason they look so crook on Lexan's? Are the chrome mouldings different, or is it just that Lexan's have all that horrible detail (rubber bits glued on ect) that make the whole car look crook? Or is it just that most are beige or weak puke green?!

True true.......

My vp calais with the chrome strips.......

Attachments

• car7.jpg
    car7.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 119