Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome Rims

VSWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
HI
I have seen a few cars (VS and later) recently with standard steel rims that are chromed, with chrome centre caps also. They look pretty good. Does anyone know whether there is someone selling these (Adelaide), or have these people had them chromed themselves.
Thanks
Adrian

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
are you referring to the police pursuit rims/interceptors/chaser rims....i rkeon if they were chromed they would look pretty stupid but unless ther eis somewhere selling them they probobly take their rims to get chromed themselves...not from adelaide so i have noi dea

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I was also wondering about a similiar thing, and rather than start a new thread......., is there any way to polish-up or chrome a set of interceptors?? I don't want them to be so shiney they have a reflective mirrored surface I just want a bit of a shine so they don't look so boringly matt.
Cheers

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
get some brasso from bunnings and polish the crap outta them and it should come up pretty nicely

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
QUOTE (Gobbles @ Mar 21 2004, 08:21 PM) get some brasso from bunnings and polish the crap outta them and it should come up pretty nicely
Fair enough I work there and never thought of that
Also not related but where can I get the center caps for my interceptors from?
Thankx

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
or you can go see a metal polisher/ or a chromer and get them to do it for you

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
QUOTE (bextor84 @ Mar 21 2004, 09:17 PM) or you can go see a metal polisher/ or a chromer and get them to do it for you
Will this look better? Last longer?
And how much will this cost as at the moment am saving for an exhaust system.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Not quite sure on the price, I'd say it'd be done by the hour unless they have a set price per rim. Any polishing that they do would turn up better then what you could do yourself I'd say. Thats their job so they'd be good at it.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
When youre talking about getting a set of steelies chromed, the actual process is called electroplating. You can find electroplaters in the yellow pages. Just call them up and ask for a price. Scrub them before you go in, because electroplating is the real deal.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
QUOTE (DJ Majah @ Mar 22 2004, 07:59 AM) When youre talking about getting a set of steelies chromed, the actual process is called electroplating. You can find electroplaters in the yellow pages. Just call them up and ask for a price. Scrub them before you go in, because electroplating is the real deal.
There is a VN that i see round the place with really chromed pursit rims they look really good and i presume they hav been electroplated