Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette lighter connections

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
mate ,
plug located by removing fusepanel trim then the trim on driverside from centre console then right in front of you, under the radio you will see a white connector clipped into the frame work. so with a some pliers squeeze 1 of the lugs so u can release the plug. then you will see 3 pins im sure the top left one is negative the top right is 12v on accesories or ignition and bottom horizontal pin is 12v when parker/dash lights come on. i used that to hook up a few neons in footwells.

I just bought a 3 cigarette lighter and USB adapter,its going to fit into the compartment under the radio and will be hidden when the door is closed.
I want to connect it to the plug for the smokers pack but before i start i want to know exactly where it is.

3 Ways Car Lighter Cigarette Charger Adapter USB Port - eBay Accessories, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Nov-08 00:00:46 AEDST)

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
mate ,
plug located by removing fusepanel trim then the trim on driverside from centre console then right in front of you, under the radio you will see a white connector clipped into the frame work. so with a some pliers squeeze 1 of the lugs so u can release the plug. then you will see 3 pins im sure the top left one is negative the top right is 12v on accesories or ignition and bottom horizontal pin is 12v when parker/dash lights come on. i used that to hook up a few neons in footwells.

thanks i see the same one in Harvey Normans new catalogue was $39-95 .

bloody crooks

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
I Got the lighter adapter today and installed it ,had to pull it apart and route the cable through the back of the unit, now the MP3 player is out of the way.

Attachments

• Pictures 321.jpg
    Pictures 321.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 716
  • Pictures 320.jpg
    Pictures 320.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 508

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
nice one looks good and concealed.
no worries with finding and wiring up the plug?

I Got the lighter adapter today and installed it ,had to pull it apart and route the cable through the back of the unit, now the MP3 player is out of the way.

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
nice one looks good and concealed.
no worries with finding and wiring up the plug?

I found it OK but it was dead, so i hooked into the other cigarette , There must be a fuse or some thing to activate that plug , but its up and running .And it fits like a glove exactly the right size .
thanks