Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cigarette lighter/ power acc not working

delidean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
timmo666 your a legend.

Handy that the cigarette fuse has nothing to do with the cigarette lighter!!!!!!!

Thanks

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V, V8, 6 Speed Manual
was quite puzzling when i first checked the cig' lighter fuse, and it was still intact. lol

glad to be of help delidean

hobbsy4

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Calais 5.7L Sedan
hey guys,

i just picked myself up an '07 VZ Ute, i had the same problem.
cigarette lighter plug in the console had no power,

checked the fuse for cigarette lighter which was all ok.

i then referred to the owners manual and found there is another fuse which controls all accessories, seems weird i know but if you check the other 20 amp fuses i found the "accessory" fuse was broken. replaced it and now cigarette 12v all working sweet.

old thread, but i didnt see a solution,

hope it helps someone out.

Thanks man!! Checked it just then and thats the problem. The autoelectrician wanted $100 just to look at it, and to take the console apart, so i've been without my charger for 3 months haha.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Thanks man!! Checked it just then and thats the problem. The autoelectrician wanted $100 just to look at it, and to take the console apart, so i've been without my charger for 3 months haha.

Hey mate im having the same problem now so im guessing the fuse is under the console? How do you know which fuse it is and whete did you get a replacement?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Replacement fuses are readily available from any Auto Parts supplier, 'Cheapy $2' shops (as they are often referred to), some Supermarkets, many Service Stations.

Steve_83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hi,

I just had the same problem. The "Cigar Lighter" fuse was OK, the "Acc. Socket" was blown. All fixed now.

Thanks

Yarrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
I joined this forum just to thank you for the advice to check BOTH fuses when the socket is dead. When the lighter fuse checked out ok I thought I was up for a nasty expense but, thanks to this forum, I can charge my phone on the run again already for the cost of a new fuse. Who would have thought??

mattrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Berlina VY
Haha yes me too, thanks heaps timmo666 bloody legend

07 vz suckers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 3.6L
Direct from Wikipedia -

"The VZ Commodore sedans were superseded by the VE Commodore range in August 2006, whilst the Wagon & Ute ranges lived on for almost another year. Ute production ended in August 2007, whilst the last wagon rolled off Holden's Elizabeth plant line on September 6, 2007"
I have the last if the vz'ds in my possession, super car indeed, saying 07 to a mechanic they automatically think it's a ve lol I think it's funny