Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning VF commodore Suede?

Shaun11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
Hi All,

I've been viewing these forums for quite a while however this is my first post. I actually wanted to do a write up on this exact subject and how I was able to clean the suede/alcantara in my Series 1 SS V Redline.

I went and picked up some AutoBrite Alcantara & Suede Surface Cleaner from CarCareProducts.com.au.

This stuff is absolute magic! The alcantara around the Engine Start button was no longer recognisable as cream and had almost turned black. There were some slight stains in front of the passenger airbag as well. Also the strip in the middle of the seats in the front was quite dirty on both sides.

I started by spraying this product on the material around the dash area and letting it sit for about 30 seconds. I used a SOFT bristled toothbrush to agitate the fibres and spray a little bit and then dabbed/wiped clean with a microfibre cloth. I had to repeat these steps a few times on trouble areas but this product worked like magic!

When it came time to have a look at the strips in the seats, I simply used a little more product, agitated with the toothbrush and then instead of wiping clean I used a wet/dry vac to suck the spray out of the strips.

The product I recommend is a little cheaper than the other sprays above and works 100%. Hope this helps!

coolshades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 Redline
Hi All,

I've been viewing these forums for quite a while however this is my first post. I actually wanted to do a write up on this exact subject and how I was able to clean the suede/alcantara in my Series 1 SS V Redline.

I went and picked up some AutoBrite Alcantara & Suede Surface Cleaner from CarCareProducts.com.au.

This stuff is absolute magic! The alcantara around the Engine Start button was no longer recognisable as cream and had almost turned black. There were some slight stains in front of the passenger airbag as well. Also the strip in the middle of the seats in the front was quite dirty on both sides.

I started by spraying this product on the material around the dash area and letting it sit for about 30 seconds. I used a SOFT bristled toothbrush to agitate the fibres and spray a little bit and then dabbed/wiped clean with a microfibre cloth. I had to repeat these steps a few times on trouble areas but this product worked like magic!

When it came time to have a look at the strips in the seats, I simply used a little more product, agitated with the toothbrush and then instead of wiping clean I used a wet/dry vac to suck the spray out of the strips.

The product I recommend is a little cheaper than the other sprays above and works 100%. Hope this helps!

Cheers for advising this product unfortunately the link doesn’t work any other idea where’d I source it from?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Mik 030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V LS3 series 2 wagon
I'm very happy with Fabracadabra from Bowdens. Applied with a soft toothbrush (gently) and wiped off immediately. Once dry, sealed with Fabratection. Takes care of the platinum Alcantara in the Calais very satisfactorily.
Australian made Bowdens products are my choice for exterior finishing as well.