Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clear plastic door trim dust cover ideas...

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
hey there everyone! As many of you may know..the plastic cover which is between the door trim and door is a pain in the ass. I have just ordered 2 new ones for my rear doors cause I have just fixed my rear electric windows and the plastic covers are stuffed. Now I dont want to glue the new ones on, I was thinking along the lines of velcro tabs or something that is removable. What ideas do you guys have?...... Or do you think i'm being too pedantic? If so what glue should I use. (They are $8 each by the way)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
the glues there to seal the door, stop any dirt and crap from coming inside the car, so even buying them is a waste if you're not going to seal them up. how often does one rip the door trims off? if its often, juust leave them off.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
yeh i better use glue. I've had to take mine off several times...I must be unlucky. Who knows the best glue for this job? Also what glue do you guys use on the door seal rubbers?

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I looked into the type of glue that was used on original ones when I was rebuilding my vr and its the same stuff that sticks beer cartons together on a pallet and its called pallet tack and I couldnt get it in a small quanity so I bit the bullet and used windscreen sealer...its a bit messy but you can take them off if you have to without ripping them

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
cheers for that markovr. I will go the windscreen sealer unless someone else has another idea.

stew58

Reaction score
when i did one of my front doors, i just cut son heavy plastic (like builders use under concreat) cut it to shape, stuck it on with a few dabs of contact adhesive, then ran good ol gaff tape around the edge before replacing the trim

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
I ending up using Sikaflex. Pretty good stuff.