Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clear TailLight...on Parcel Shelf....

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I presume your talking about the parcel shelf brakelight ??? why bother if you're tinting your windows ?

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Hey guys,
Just wondering if it is possible to get a clear taillight on the parcel shelf to replace the red covered one...would look better on a black car with clear taillights, so is it just a simple custom made one, just get a red LED and put it in then get some clear plastic or something that has that smoked effect??

Cheers fellas:w00t:

EDIT-heres a pic to show u what i mean

Hi All,

If you put red flectors on your mud flaps (Like old caravans & trailers) would these lights be legal?

Cheers
Struggo

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi All,

If you put red flectors on your mud flaps (Like old caravans & trailers) would these lights be legal?

Cheers
Struggo

The question is...why would you have mud flaps...secondly why would you put lights on them...? lol. to answer your question no i do not think it would be illegal as some mud flaps are sold with reflectors on them already. not illegal...just pointless...

Cheers, Joe

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
the clear reflecters are illegal but i figure just dyeing them or putting on some rectangle red ones over the top of it would fix that issue.

as for the parcel shelf light, do they make those coloured condoms big enough to fit the globe? you could then remove the lens and run the globe bare... or get a custom bit of acrylic for it.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
The question is...why would you have mud flaps...

To stop mud flying up all over the paint work. You obviously don't drive on dirt roads. That's the reason I have them on my wagon. :thumbsup: